Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Apparently I'm becoming crotchety

So Diwali celebrations have started here in Bangalore. This is my first time in India for Diwali and I'm not exactly getting into the festivities. In the last week or so, there have been more and more children running around shooting cap guns.

Today there have been fireworks all day. All day. From early morning to late at night.

I haven't seen many of them. For one thing, fireworks set off during the day are not particularly visible. Also, my house is in an area with lots of apartments, so even nearby fireworks may be obscured by buildings. Fireworks are much more unsettling when you can only hear them but not see them.

There are lots of people setting them off nearby. The booms and pops have been setting me on edge all day. Fireworks are part of most festivals here (and there are plenty of festivals), but I am excited for the end of Diwali and might just plan to travel someplace else next year at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment