Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Visiting Krishnagiri

We are starting a new trial at our field office in Krishnagiri. The city is in Tamil Nadu, but it's only 90 km from Bangalore. Still, traffic determines whether that's a 2.5 hour bus ride or a 4 hour bus ride (the bus moves pretty quickly, it's just that it makes a handful of stops along the way). I took the bus out there yesterday morning to meet with our researcher and also to talk to the sales team. This was my first time taking the bus during the day in India.



The trip went well and I'm excited about the trial. We got caught in some pretty heavy rainstorms in the afternoon, but after a break in the rain, we went back to the bus station. We got on a bus that was nearly full, which meant that it was about to leave. Unfortunately, that also meant that we got the seats that no one else wanted. I ended up in a seat where the rain was dripping in. It didn't rain during the middle hour of the ride which was nice. But by the time we reached Bangalore, I was happy to be off the bus. Unfortunately, it was still raining pretty heavily and we were on the south part of the city about 10 miles away from where I live. We couldn't find an available taxi or auto-rickshaw, so we just decided to grab dinner. After an hour, my co-workers husband drove down to pick us up, which was a huge relief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment